Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Short and twisty...




... and I'm not referring to the state of the fairy lights, though I'm sure they will be extremely twisty when I finally wrestle them out of hiding, ready to sling at the tree. I've vowed to persist with untangling them this year, instead of going into a giant sulk and storming to the nearest shop to buy new ones.  There's a bonfire sized heap of them in the garage now - I might enter it for the Turner Prize next year.

No, I'm referring to having a collection of short stories available to download, called Behind Closed Doors... and other tales with a twist.  It's called that, because all the stories have a twist. And there's a story in it called Behind Closed Doors. I know. I'm a blinking genius. Lots of them have been previously published in magazines, and some of them haven't, and it's actually really nice to have a batch of them all in one place.

It was also a good opportunity to aknowledge the writing groups I belong to, as I'm still quite certain I'd never have had the bare-faced cheek to start submitting my stories in the first place without all the support and feedback.

Elsewhere... MY FUTURE HUSBAND has been picked by Amazon for a 100 books promotion, and as a result has raced back up the charts, which was nice to see. I'm still writing stories, and pressing on with novel 4, and waiting to hear from my publisher about the future of books 2 and 3, but I think that'll probably happen in the new year now, as this one's racing rather indecently to its end.

And on that note, I'll wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a splended 2014, and thank you for all your kind words and support this year. It makes this writing journey so much more enjoyable.

And if anyone has any clever tips for untangling fairy lights, could you please let me know.  Quickly.


13 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

Lovely to hear of all your productivity... except with the lights of course. Great to hear My future Husband has shot up the charts again - go girl! Also nice to see you in the pages of FF alongside myself and Mandy. Have a wonderful Christmas and good luck with the untangling!

Sherri said...

How fabulously productive you are - puts me to shame.

I will be downloading your lovely new book as soon as I've been brave enough to install the 'I-don't-have-a-Kindle-can-I-have-it-on-my-PC-please' thingy. I know it's not hard and it's free but it's me we're talking about. At least I've got a good reason to do it now.

As for the fairy lights, I'll come and do them for you if you like - yes, I rather enjoy it. We'll be doing ours at the weekend - I can hardly wait!

DAB said...

Pete's prodigy Percival is on his merry way to sort out your lights. Hee! Hee! (evil laugh) ;-) Tommoxx

broken biro said...

Sounds fab! I love twist in the tales. As for the lights - put them in a gold fish bowl as they are and they'll look fab!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Great to hear your good news, Karen. I bet you'd have a good chance in the Turner Prize with that random arrangement!

Karen said...

Thank you, Wendy, nice to be sharing pages with your too :o) Happy Xmas!

You are lovely, Bernadette :o) I still haven't tackled the fairy lights, so stand by...

Tommo - AARRGH!! Actually, if he's a DAB (see what I did there?) hand with fairy lights I might have to overcome my phobia! xx

That's a fine idea, broken biro, I just need to find a mahoosive bowl now!

Thanks, Rosemary - I suppose the fairy lights stand as much chance of winning as anything else :o)

Cait O'Connor said...

All good news Karen, well done!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with those fairy lights, Karen! Hopefully you will have sorted them by now.
And many congratulations on all your 2013 successes - a wonderful example to us all!

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Happy Christmas, Karen.

Your new book is on my tbr list :0)

xx

Karen said...

Thank you, Cait :o)

Thanks Sally, and yes I finally managed to untangle the fairy lights!

That's lovely thank you, Suzanne, and a Happy Christmas to you too :o)

Anna May said...

Happy New Writing Year, Karen!
Anna May x

Georgina Troy said...

I'm obviously very behind on my blog visits, so will have to wish you a Happy New Year here!

I hope you managed to untangle those lights and am thrilled your book has been picked for the Amazon book promotion!

I hope you have an incredible year in 2014! x

Karen said...

Thank you so much, Anna and Georgina, and a very Happy New Year to you both :o) xx